Anti-ageing medicine is a term that describes how different products and protocols, whether they be medicines, hormones, peptides, nutrition, or lifestyle choices impact us by slowing, halting, or even reversing different aspects of ageing.
The British Longevity Society is a non-profit organization that is operated by volunteers and whose medical advisor is Dr. Marios Kyriazis.
The BLS is designed to inform the lay person about the advances in this science that are being published in the clinical journals every day. The BLS seeks to inform in a way that everyone can understand how these remarkable new approaches are going to change medicine, and our understanding about health and wellness forever.
Today, few people realise that the ageing process is reversible, however, new research is constantly highlighting that age-related processes which have hitherto thought to have been ‘set in stone’ can now be slowed and adapted.
There are many developments occurring in anti-ageing science and members
of the British Longevity Society get to hear about all these topics:
- How the body changes with ageing – what is normal and what is not
- General scientific facts about the ageing process
- Developments in positive ageing
- Latest drugs that have anti-ageing properties
- Nutrition and exercise
- How we can use complementary medicine to enhance our lifespan and our optimal health span, (the period of healthy ageing)
- Natural supplements including the exciting field of
bio-identical hormones and peptides
- Cutting edge research results
- Why preventative medicine is the future and will help
to replace the current model of curative medicine for the eradication of diseases and disorders, most of which are associated with ageing.
By joining the British Longevity Society, you will give you and your family access to information on things such as hormones, antioxidants, brain boosters, phytochemicals, peptides, and numerous other ways of fighting ageing. Armed with this information you can help allay, slow, and prevent the ravages of ageing.