Antiageing medicine is a term that describes how different products and protocols, whether they be medicines, hormones, lifestyle choices or supplements can help to slow or reverse different aspects of ageing.
The British Longevity Society, a non-profit organization that is operated by volunteers and whose medical advisor is Marios Kyriazis. The BLS is designed to inform the lay-person about the advances in this science that are being published in the clinical journals every day. The BLS seeks to inform in a way that everyone can understand how these remarkable new approaches are going to change medicine and our understanding about health forever.
Currently only a few people realize that the ageing process is reversible. New research is constantly highlighting that age-related processes which have hitherto thought to have been set in stone can now being reversed.
There are many developments occurring in anti-ageing science and members of the British Longevity Society get to hear about all these topics:
- How the body changes with ageing - what is normal and what is not.
- General scientific facts about the ageing process.
- Developments in positive ageing.
- Latest drugs that have anti-ageing properties.
- Nutrition and exercise.
- How we can use complementary medicine to enhance our life-span and our optimal health span (the period of healthy ageing).
- Natural supplements including the exciting field of bio-identical hormones.
- Cutting edge research results.
- Why preventative medicine is the future and will help to replace the current model of curative medicine for the eradication of diseases and disorders, most of which are associated with ageing.
By joining the British Longevity Society you will give you and your family access to information on things such as DHEA, melatonin, antioxidants, brain boosters, phytochemicals, growth hormone and numerous other ways of fighting ageing. Armed with this information you have the opportunity to help allay, slow and prevent the ravages of ageing.
Learn more about membership of the British Longevity Society by clicking here.
The fixture dates* for our London based meetings are currently
1. Tuesday 29, January 2014
2. Tuesday 29, April 2014
3. Tuesday 24, June 2014
4. Tuesday 26, August 2014
5. Thursday 9, October 2014
6. Tuesday 9, December 2014
7. Tuesday 31, March 2015
Click here to see our Meetings List
* may be subject to change without notice